I am very lucky to get help from a fantastic musician Neal Whitmore. Neal created wonderful musical arrangements and backing tracks that I now use in my lessons. He also helped me to make voice recordings. Many thanks, Neal! You are amazing!
Here you can listen to some of my music tracks.
Please let me know if you enjoy the songs.
1. May there always be sunshine (in 4 languages)
Пусть всегда будет солнце
A popular children’s song created in 1962. The lyrics written by Lev Oshanin.
2. Over in the meadow (in English)
Луговая считалочка (Джон Лангстафф)
One of my favourite counting songs from the book “Over in the Meadow” by John Langstaff (1957).
This is a very rough first draft recording, I’m going to update it with a new version as soon as possible.
3. Do-Re-Mi (in English)
A show tune from my favourite the 1959 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical The Sound of Music.
4. I’ve never sailed the Amazon (in Russian)
На далёкой Амазонке
A Russian song made up from a Rudyard Kipling’s poem from the story “The Beginning of the Armadillos”. The music was written by Viktor Berkovski and Moris Sinelnikov, and the Russian verse is the translation made by Samuil Marshak.
I’ve never sailed the Amazon,
I’ve never reached Brazil;
But the Don and Magdelana,
They can go there when they will!
5. Open and close eyes (in Russian)
Игра (О. Дриз)
Original name is “Game” and it is from the second part of the Russian cartoon “Plasticine Crow” by Aleksandr Tatarskiy (1981). Lyrics composed by Ovsey Driz.
6. Every Little Baby (in Russian)
В каждом маленьком ребенке
A song from the Russian Cartoon “Caution! Monkeys!” (1984).
7. Polar Bear Lullaby (in Russian)
Polar Bear Lullaby from the Russian cartoon “Umka” (1969). Music by Yevgeny Krylatov, words Jurij Jakowlew.
8. Squirrel – Russian Nursery Rhymes
Сидит белка на тележке
9. Owl – Russian Nursery Rhymes
Ах, ты, совушка-сова
10. Goat – Russian Nursery Rhymes
Идет коза рогатая
11. Bunnies – an action song for jumping (in Russian).
Мы маленькие зайки
12. We are riding a horse – Russian Nursery Rhymes
Едем, едем на лошадке
13. Merry-go-round – Russian Nursery Rhymes